Reflex HMB – 500mg – 90 Capsules
- Calcium Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate 500mg per capsule
- Metabolite of the essential amino acid leucine
- Easy to take capsule form
What is HMB?
HMB, or Calcium Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate, or b-hydroxy b-methylbutyrate, is a metabolite of the branched-chain amino acid leucine and is synthesized in the human body as part of protein synthesis.
Calcium Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate is found in small quantities in grapefruit, alfalfa, and catfish. The human body produces about 0.2 to 0.4 grams per day, and standard doses in research studies have been 1.5 to 3.0 grams per day, usually divided into two doses.
Who is it for?
HMB is designed for men and women looking to supplement their training to aid their muscle gain goals.
What are the benefits?
- Easy to take capsule format
- HMB is created during the metabolism of leucine
- Aids the protein synthesis of amino acid leucine
Protein is made up of amino acids, which are the building blocks of muscle. Protein contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass. Calcium Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate is created when the amino acid leucine is metabolised.
Each capsule provides: 500mg of Calcium Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate.